Healthy lifestyle and diet
Diet and lifestyle play a major part in your family, social and professional life and your overall wellbeing. Making a couple of changes can immediately make a difference to how you feel.
Below are some tips toward better health and feeling great:
- Make 30 minutes of exercise a day (minimum) part of your daily lifestyle
- Stretching - make sure you warm up beforehand and cool down after exercise
- Regular exercise reduces stress, promotes better sleep behavior, increases energy and is great for your heart
- A nutritious and balanced diet is vital to allowing the body to function at its best
- Cut down on alcohol intake, over use of alcohol can increase feeling of depression
- Eat two pieces of fruit and five serves of vegetables every day
- Limit fast food and food with high sugar and salt
- Choose water as a drink
- Balance family and work life
- Develop and maintain relationships with people around you who will support and enrich your life
- Take time to relax
- Have interests outside of work. Remember to set aside times for activities, hobbies and projects you enjoy
- Keep learning - this will keep your mind healthy and active. Learn a new sport, language, learn to play an instrument and read books.
How Physiotherapists can improve better health
- Physiotherapists are experts in human movement. They understand how muscles, bones, joints and ligaments work and how injuries happen. Physiotherapists are able to help to give you good preventative programs and treatment.
- Physiotherapists can:
- Assess your muscle strength, flexibility and fitness to design an appropriate fitness program
- Show you how to prevent injury in your home or workplace
- Treat muscle, joint and ligament injuries to assist with a successful recovery